Join me for an upcoming webinar, “Data Masking: Insights & Actions”
There has never been a better time to start a project to champion data privacy
In a recent Harris poll sponsored by the payment company Stripe, over 1,000 C-level executives were asked to rate which factors they feel are most threatening to their business.
The #1 item that executives rated as “somewhat” or “very” threatening to the success of their business is security / data breaches. The #2 rated threat to these businesses? Increased regulation.
Data masking mitigates these top threats
One of my very first jobs when I began in IT was to build out environments for developer and test teams at a software development company. At first, we didn’t mask any of this data. After problems arose, we began masking only a single field. That was a huge mistake.
In this upcoming free webcast, I’ll share the following in just 30 minutes:
- Why data professionals have a history of neglecting privacy (just like I did in that first job)
- The three industry drivers for data masking
- Why regulations have become a top risk to C-level executives
- Key elements of static data masking tools to consider when evaluating products
- Pains that people run into when implementing data masking (and how Redgate tools address those pains)
- An overview of the data masking process
- Next steps to take in making a case for a data masking project at your organization
Now is the time to become a privacy champion
Whether or not you are an IT leader, a developer, or a DBA, right now you have a huge opportunity to make a difference for your organization, your customers, and your own career by championing privacy.
Yep, your own career! Those top two C-level concerns mentioned at the beginning of this post means that initiating projects like data masking and seeing them through from proof-of-concept to implementation is a big resume-building career move. That’s true whether you choose a Redgate solution, or use the information in this webinar to go a different route.
Join me in this upcoming webinar to learn the initial steps that you can make to instigate changes in your company — and to help mitigate the top risks that are keeping C-level executives up at night.